MrExcel Publishing
Your One Stop for Excel Tips & Solutions

What are these and how to I turn it off?

Posted by Chris on January 31, 2002 4:35 AM

I dunno how else to describe this but show you a picture. What are they and how do I turn it off?

Chris Elston

Posted by Ian Mac on January 31, 2002 5:05 AM

They are row groups, they are used to expand or hide rows from veiw,

to turn off (and on), highlight all the row that are grouped and goto Data/Group and Outline/Ungroup.

good luck

Ian Mac

PS by the looks of things, they seem to be helpful on the sheet you've shown

Posted by Mike on January 31, 2002 5:16 AM

They are used for automatic outlines you can turn them off by using (DATA, GROUPS & OUTLINE, CLEAR OUTLINE) Mike (UK)

Posted by Chris D on January 31, 2002 2:38 PM

if you end up looking into these, as Ian commented they can be very useful : they also work horizontally as well as vertically


Posted by Chris Elston on February 01, 2002 4:12 AM

Thanks a bunch, Yeah I see how they can be helpful.