phantom records in pivot tables !?
Posted by Roger on May 31, 2001 12:03 PM
Sometimes I enter data for a particular Product Category and refresh a given PivotTable sheet. Later, I may be asked to eliminate that Product
Category (especially in case of Plan figures).
- Once I have entered a Product Category, say 'Catgy A', it gets
reflected in the PivotTable.
- Later I eliminate it / rename it as 'Catgy A1' (effectively removing
the 'Catgy A' from the database)
- Now when I refresh the PivotTable worksheet, the new 'Catgy A1' is
shown in place of 'Catgy A'.
- However, when I click on the drop-down list in the Product Category
field of the PivotTable, the first 'Catgy A' is still shown as an item
(which has no data)
My questions --
* How can I erase all trace of the 'Catgy A' item from the PivotTable's
'memory' / cache ?
* Is there any solution besides re-constructing the PivotTable ?
I mean, besides 'hiding' it by using the Field Settings dialog box, is
there any other way, such that it doesn't show even in that dialog box ?
I also tried putting off the 'Save data with table layout' in PivotTable
Options. But that didn't work.