Complicated Macro - Help !
Posted by Skooter on October 04, 2001 5:30 PM
I need help writing a macro to do the following. I am able to write some of it but CAN NOT find the right combination for the ENTIRE macro.- Help Please !!
1) While workbook ORIGINAL is open. By clicking Sub Button1 (macro button) a new workbook is created and prompts the user for a FILE NAME (.XLS format). Hopefully saving to a specific (already created) folder such as C:\CC Pro\CC Data. Or at least defaulting there.
2) Next copy entire worksheet tab SHEET1 from workbook ORIGINAL to new Workbook (created in step 1)
3) I need to make the copied SHEET1 in the new workbook a dead worksheet (meaning values only). I usually highlight the entire sheet, copy, then paste special (values only). All formatting MUST remain the same.
4) The new workbook & worksheet MUST be password protected with a specific password such as guessthis.
5) Close the newly created workbook. While leaving the ORIGINAL workbook open.
* Note: the ORIGINAL workbook must remain open at all times during this process.