How to Post Your VBA Code

How to Post Your VBA Code

Insert Code Form

To insert To insert code into a post:

• Copy the code from the VBE.
  • Type your message in the post editor, and click Code button () on the editor toolbar.
    Code button on the editor toolbar
    Code on the editor toolbar
  • Make sure VBA option is selected as language option in the "Insert code" dialog box, and paste your code into the text box.
    Insert code dialog box
    Insert code dialog box
  • Preview your message to make sure your code looks as it is supposed to be.
    Preview message
    Preview message
  • You can also select use Rich (BB Code) option if you'd like to stylize your code in the editor or if yor code contains BBCode tags (e.g. [B], [I], [COLOR]).
  • For the code snippets other than VBA, use the corresponding language option or General code.

Inline Code Entry

Sometimes you might want to post single line codes that you can put in your sentences. In this case:

• Select the code line in your message.
    Select code line
    Select code line
  • Click Inline Code button () on the editor toolbar, and preview your message.
    Inline Code button on the editor toolbar
    Inline Code on the editor toolbar

Originally written by Jon (MrExcel Moderator) on Dec 16th, 2010

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Importing multiple excel files into one spreadsheet
    Hi, I'm trying to import multiple excel files (with the same format into a single spreadsheet) so that each day's file is listed underneath the...
  • find many based on a certain criteria
    good evening, I hope someone can help me? I have a workbook sheet 2 contains lots of data.... I would like to be able to find anything on sheet...
  • How to copy multiple rows using If
    Hi all, I'm very new to VBA and have written this simple code to copy certain cells if a certain cell within that row contains any data. I need...
  • VBA If statement
    Dear All, I have two dates, where I'd like a message box to pop, if the dates are between this criteria. [CODE] sDate1 = #10/1/2019#...
  • Text Format
    I have a sheet for user to keyin the data. The format of the data can be 451 / 1903, 0012 / 9908 or 00287 / 0099. The number after the "/" is...
  • Syntax errors
    Good Morning, Trying to compile a workbook, I keep getting a few errors. Here are the first two: [code=rich]Syntax Error: Function...