"0" value instead of cell value in HLookup

MrFMC

I have an HLookup formula series in a sheet that looks up information on another sheet in the same workbook. The series goes from cell 2 all the way up to cell 57. The formula works fine until I get to the 21st cell. It then returns a "0" on cells that the reference data is a validation rule list selection. Cells where the HLookup value is a formula still return the correct data. No matter what I try and do, I can't find the reason or the fix. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Can you post the formula? Did you lock the lookup range with $ before copying it?

Upvote 0
Here's the formula. The first one works just right. The second one returns the "0".

=HLOOKUP($B$6,Tech!$B$6:$AY$62,12)
=HLOOKUP($B$6,Tech!$B$6:$AY$62,22)

They are both the same formulas and they both return the selection from a data validation list. Everything is the same about the source data and the formulas. I am totally confused.

Upvote 0
so you are returning rows 17 & 27 They are both in range. Are they the right rows to return?

Upvote 0
Yes. Like I said, it makes no sense to me. I tried resaving the workbook under a different name, closing the exisiting one and reopening it. I am not sure what is going on here. When I put a row number that does work in one of the previous formulas into the cell that returns the "0", I get the correct result. There has to be a problem with the source, but even when I try and change that, it still doesn't work, unless I get rid of the data validation. But, like I said, it works fine for the previous cells.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Da9l87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back