"1/1/00," shows in list of Times in Pivot Table, but not in the original referenced column.

aiki100

Board Regular
Greetings All -
Thank you for giving my problem a look:

I have column ("times,") formatted as time (XX:XX:XX AM/PM) that has times in it.
I have a second column ("times round,") that is referring to the first one and is ROUNDING (down) those times to 30 minutes (and formatted the same).
I have a third column ("times pivot,") that is simply referencing the second, ("times round,") and is also formatted the same.

I am using the entire table that these columns sit in with a pivot table, and am using the ("times pivot,") column in the pivot's column list. This gives me a list of all times, in 30 min increments, as column headers across the page.

All good.

Except: I have one column labelled 1/1/00 that sits at the end of the pivot headers (right before Grand Total), that shows data in that column, yet I cannot identify how/why this data is listed under 1/1/00.

I looked to filter the original table's column ("times pivot,") to see if the problem was there, but see no 1/1/00 to filter by, so it (must?) be happening in the pivot?

Any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated. Thanks very much!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)
Just want to update: I did discover that it was the formatting of the actual column header that produced the 1/1/00, tho I do not recall changing it - I believe that it appeared that way when I first created the pivot. Dunno, it could well have been me...

HOWEVER, now I have TWO columns both listed as 12:00:00 AM. One in the far left position of the columns and the other, on the far right, right before grand total - Identical times columns, but with different data showing each.

Any thoughts on what's happening will (still be) be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back