1 checkbox at a time.

jcmckeon

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello All,

I want the user to select only 1 checkbox at a time with the others locked. Clicking the box loads corresponding information in the table. So clicking the checkbox next to Internal/Customer should bring up that info in the cells. But if you select 2 click boxes the information is messed up.
Look at the attached. I tried some vb but not successful. The easiest solution, the better. If we can do without vbs, great!

Thank you in advance. Looking forward to replies. Be well in the meantime. Jill

NOTE: THE CHECKBOXES DON'T SHOW USING MINI TABLE - THEY'RE FORM CONTROLS NOT ACTIVEX I DON'T HOW WE DO IT JUST SO IT CAN BE DONE.

MA-F9 A - 8D For CAPA (blank) JCMV.xlsm
ABCDEFGHIJKL
18D Problem Solving Report
2CAPA Number
3D0 Problem Solving Summary Type
4Select only one:Internal / CustomerFALSECustomerFALSESupplierFALSE
5Header Information
6select summary type - D0select summary type - D0
7select summary type - D0select summary type - D0
8select summary type - D0select summary type - D0
9select summary type - D0select summary type - D0
10select summary type - D0select summary type - D0
11select summary type - D0select summary type - D0
12D1 Problem Solving Team
13Team Leader
14Team:
15D2 Problem Description (Description of Nonconformance)
21D3 Containment: Consider - Supplier Inventory, Supplier Work in Progress, External Processing, In Transit
27Completed By:Date:
28D4 Root Cause Analysis- 5 Why required
35Completed By:Date:
36D5 Corrective Action
42Completed By:Date:
43D6 Implementation and Verification of Corrective Actions
49Completed By:Date:
50D7 Identify and Implement Preventive Actions
57Completed By:Date:
588D Approved By:Date:
59D8 Team Recognition
8D Reports
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B6B6=IF($F$4=TRUE,"Defect Type",IF($I$4=TRUE,"Defect Type:",IF($L$4=TRUE,"Defect Type","select summary type - D0")))
B7B7=IF($F$4=TRUE,"Source:",IF($I$4=TRUE,"Customer Name:",IF($L$4=TRUE,"Supplier Name:","select summary type - D0")))
B8B8=IF($F$4=TRUE,"Process:",IF($I$4=TRUE,"Customer Return #:",IF($L$4=TRUE,"Supplier Contact Name:","select summary type - D0")))
B9B9=IF($F$4=TRUE,"Process Owner:",IF($I$4=TRUE,"Customer PO #:",IF($L$4=TRUE,"Supplier PO #:","select summary type - D0")))
B10B10=IF($F$4=TRUE,"Operation #:",IF($I$4=TRUE,"Buyer Name:",IF($L$4=TRUE,"Job #","select summary type - D0")))
B11B11=IF($F$4=TRUE,"Enter Additional Info:",IF($I$4=TRUE,"Enter Additional Info:",IF($L$4=TRUE,"Lot Quantity:","select summary type - D0")))
F6F6=IF($F$4=TRUE,"Job #:",IF($I$4=TRUE,"Job #:",IF($L$4=TRUE,"Quantity Rejected","select summary type - D0")))
F7F7=IF($F$4=TRUE,"Quantity Rejected:",IF($I$4=TRUE,"Quantity Rejected:",IF($L$4=TRUE,"Part Number(s):","select summary type - D0")))
F8F8=IF($F$4=TRUE,"Part Number(s):",IF($I$4=TRUE,"Quantity Reworked:",IF($L$4=TRUE,"Part Revision #:","select summary type - D0")))
F9F9=IF($F$4=TRUE,"Part Revision #:",IF($I$4=TRUE,"Part Number(s):",IF($L$4=TRUE,"Part Serial #","select summary type - D0")))
F10F10=IF($F$4=TRUE,"Part Serial #:",IF($I$4=TRUE,"Part Revision #:",IF($L$4=TRUE,"8D Due Date:","select summary type - D0")))
F11F11=IF($F$4=TRUE,"DMR #:",IF($I$4=TRUE,"Part Serial #:",IF($L$4=TRUE,"DMR #:","select summary type - D0")))

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi, I've not fully digested your post, but can't you use option buttons rather than check boxes?

Upvote 0
Solution
Hi, I've not fully digested your post, but can't you use option buttons rather than check boxes?
I’ll do whatever. Do option buttons use key off true false? I’d like to use the formulas I wrote but I’ll take any guidance. Thanks for answering

Upvote 0
Do option buttons use key off true false?

Hi, I'm guessing that you've already discovered that the control tab of the format control menu is identical to that of checkboxes?

Upvote 0
I got it done. Thank you for the information. Very much appreciated!:)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rkmenon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back