(1) PIVOT TABLE NOT UPDATING (2) 2 TABLES PIVOT TABLE

shah0101

Board Regular
HI EXPERTS,

I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS:

1) MY TABLE IS UPDATING FINE BUT THE THE NUMBERS ON PIVOT TABLE NOT REFLECTING UPDATE (AFTER REFRESH). ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE?

2) ON ANOTHER REPORT I HAVE TWO TABLES OUT WHICH I HAVE CREATED ONE PIVOT TABLE. THERE ARE COUPLE OF CALCULATED FIELDS AS WELL, RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TABLES LOOKS GOOD (AS ATTACHED IMAGE), REFLECTING BALANCES JUST FINE AS REQUIRED BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE PIVOT TABLE IS NOT BRINGING UP ENTRIES FROM THOSE ENTRIES WHICH ARE NOT YET RELATED IN THE SECOND TABLE. I WANT ALL ENTRIES TO BE IN THE PIVOT TABLE. IS IT POSSIBLE OR AM I ASKING TOO MUCH?

THANKS FOR THE HELP IN ADVANCE.

CHEER!

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 12

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
1) Does hitting refresh twice update the pivot table ?
2) Do you have the dimension from Table 1 in the Pivot (not the equivalent dimension from Table 2 that doesn't have all the entries.)
The other thing you can try is to turn on this, under Pivot Table > Options > Display:

1633265202130.png

Upvote 0
THANKS ALEX FOR HELPING OUT.

1) YES, REFRESHED NUMEROUS TIMES, BUT ONE PARTICULAR FIGURE IS LIKE "STUCKED" THERE, NOT UPDATING FROM THE SOURCE.

2) YES, I HAVE DIMENSION FROM TABLE 1 WHICH IS NOT PRESENT IN TABLE 2. WHAT I WANT IS TO BRING ALL TABLE 1 ENTRIES IN PIVOT TABLE.

3) I TRIED Pivot Table > Options > Display: "CHECKED SHOW ITEMS WITH NO DATA ON ROW" BUT THIS IS REPEATING ALL ENTRIES FOR TABLE 2 AGAINST EACH DIMENSION ON TABLE 1.

I CAN SHARE THE WHOLE WORKBOOK WITH YOU, BUT NOT COMFORTABLE SHARING IT ON THE BOARD. CAN I SEND IT TO YOU DIRECTLY TO HAVE LOOK PLEASE?

THANKS AGAIN.

CHEERS!

Upvote 0
I am afraid the Forum doesn't seem to be in favours of that.
Is there any way you can desensitize it to post here ?
We don't need real numbers but need some of the lines tha work, some that don't and ideally the stuck one.
Ideally the data in the linked field that you provide needs to be the original data since that is a probably source of the issue.

Upvote 0
I UNDERSTAND THAT.

I'LL TRY TO BE AS CLEAR AS POSSIBLE. ATTACHED PICTURES ARE FROM THE TWO DIFFERENT TABLES AND THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TWO TABLES:

1) TABLE 1: "LC NO."
2) TABLE 2: "L/C NO."

NOW THE "TABLE 2" HAS ALL THE NUMBERS WHICH MUST INCLUDED IN THE PIVOT TABLE REGARDLESS THERE ARE ANY MATCHING ENTRIES IN THE "TABLE 1" - ONE TO MANY RELATIONSHIP IS AS ATTACHED PICTURE.

FOR EXAMPLE, I HAVE CIRCLED ONE ENTRY WITH "L/C NO. in TABLE 2" WHICH HAS NO RELATED ENTRY WITH "LC NO. TABLE 1", WHAT SHOULD I DO THAT THAT ENTRY ALSO REFLECTS IN THE PIVOT TABLE?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I WAS ABLE TO EXPLAIN MY QUESTION?

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE.

LOOKING FORWARD TO HEAR BACK FROM YOU.

CHEERS!!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
TO FURTHER CLARIFY I MUST MENTION THAT WHAT I AM TRYING TO DO IS BRINGING THAT RECORDS OTHER WAY AROUND LIKE "ONE TO MANY" RELATIONSHIP SHOULD BRING ALL THE ENTRIES FROM THE "TABLE 2: "L/C NO."" BUT AT THE MOMENT IT IS BRINGING ALL THE ENTRIES FROM ""TABLE 1: "LC NO.""

I THINK IF THAT GET FIXED, SHOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

Upvote 0
In Table 2 does every L/C No only appear once ?
Also in the Data Model can you show me a picture of the Diagram view (Home > Diagram View)

Upvote 0
@shah0101
Please don't type in all capitals. Internet etiquette regards that as shouting, so it's quite off-putting. Thanks. :)

Upvote 0
In Table 2 does every L/C No only appear once ?
Also in the Data Model can you show me a picture of the Diagram view (Home > Diagram View)
Yes, L/C No appears only once in Table 2

Data Model picture is attached.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back