2 Columns for lookup

paankadu1

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello

I am looking to use the PO & Line number on one sheet to look up on the open PO report and pull over the Vendor, justification and item budget. I have a Vlookup that is working just utilizing the PO # but sometimes POs have different lines so I need it to also look at the line# to pull the correct data
I tried installing the add in but am on a corporate net work that does not allow me to add it.

I want to be able to type in the project, the PO and Line on the top report and then have it look at the 2nd worksheet and populate the vendor, justification and item budget
I am utilizing 365

1629985921256.png

Thanks in advance for your help
Angie

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
You are saying a 2nd worksheet but your formula indicates it might actually be a different workbook. A different workbook may limit the functions that will work especially if the 2nd workbook is not open.
Are both worksheets in the same workbook ?
Also your current formula is using wildcards, but PO no and Item no should be an exact match, why the wildcards ?

Upvote 0
You are saying a 2nd worksheet but your formula indicates it might actually be a different workbook. A different workbook may limit the functions that will work especially if the 2nd workbook is not open.
Are both worksheets in the same workbook ?
Also your current formula is using wildcards, but PO no and Item no should be an exact match, why the wildcards ?
They are 2 worksheets in the same workbook. I had to use the wild cards due to how the data pulled over from SAP. without them i was getting a NA error. Once I added the wildcards it pulled the data over. The 2nd worksheet is in a table format. It looks like when I copied the data over to a blank workbook to make it generic it altered the formula. Below is the actual formula

=VLOOKUP("*"&$C30&"*",OpenPO[[#All],[Purchasing Document]:[Net price]],9,0)

Upvote 0
Can you see if you can figure out why you need the wildcard ie are both sides numeric or not ? Does one side have spaces before or after ?
The below will work for an exact match but would need modification or possibly a different function for a wildcard match.
PS: it is after midnight in Australia so I won't look at it again until tomorrow your time.

20210827 XLookup 2 column.xlsx
ABCDEFGHIJ
4ProjectPOLine #VendorJustificationItem Budget
6XXX/12341234567891Row 12
7XXX/12341234567892Row 26
8XXX/12341234567893Row 33
15Purchasing DocumentItemWBS ElementDocument DateVendorShort TextQtyUnitNet Price
161234567891Row 12
171234567892Row 26
181234567893Row 33
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
E6:E8E6=XLOOKUP(1,(OpenPO[Purchasing Document]=$B6)*(OpenPO[Item]=$C6),OpenPO[Short Text],"Not Found")
F6:F8F6=XLOOKUP(1,(OpenPO[Purchasing Document]=$B6)*(OpenPO[Item]=$C6),OpenPO[Net Price])

Upvote 0
Solution
Thank you! I figured out what the problem was and this worked perfectly!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelquestion515

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back