2 excel queries - returning values from a list based on a condition / changing data pulled through based on dropdown selection

hmiller

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4icf8yjc3o3dwu2/data example.xlsx?dl=0

I have uploaded a sample excel file above. The first tab is full of data, the second tab is an analysis of it. I have used Harry Potter characters as examples.

I have 2 queries, the first one I hope is fairly straight forward:

Under the sections "Pupil Premium Students with Attainment Below 0" and the same for the SEN section, I would like that to autofill rather than me having to filter the data sheet and copy and paste a list of names each time. So basically, list any values from the first column of the data tab, if there is a Y in the PP column (or SEN column when doing the list in that section).

Now for the complicated query, that I don't know whether it is even possible or not:

What I would love for the analysis tab to do, is to be able to have the cell currently highlighted in pink as a drop down list, with a choice of "All Classes", "11XMR/It" or "11XCO/It" or however many classes there are in the data tab. I would like to be able to select one of them, and then have ALL the information in the tables below update to reflect the selection in the dropdown (and ideally the list of names for PP as per previous query). It is currently set up as a whole department but I want to be able to analyse by class too, so basically if the dropdown says 11XCO/It then all of the below data is just for that class. Does that make sense?

Hoping that someone is able to help. If you can only help with the first query then that will still be of great help to me though.

Thanks.

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adamsxl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back