2 hyperlinks in 1 cell

the_cheat

I was asked if you could display 2 hyperlinks in 1 cell. My gut feeling tells me no but I figured I would ask the experts.

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest

lenze

Legend
Interesting idea. Probably not. But, you could use an Event (Say Before_Doubleclick) to call up an option screen or Userform for two links. Would have to think about how that would work.

lenze

Oaktree

MrExcel MVP
I think the short answer is "no".

Or rather, you can *display* two just fine =HYPERLINK("mailto: address@somewhere.com")&REPT(" ",5)&HYPERLINK("mailto: anotheraddress@somewhereelse.com")...you just can't have the implied functionality, as clicking anywhere on the cell will fire both.

You'd need to use a workaround, such as the Userform suggestion lenze suggests above.

erik.van.geit

MrExcel MVP
Hi,

it would be interesting to know why they asked this
this would open the door to find an alternative

kind regards,
Erik

EDIT: are there not enough cells ? :LOL:

the_cheat

ADVERTISEMENT

Where can I find an example of an Event?? I'm unfamiliar with them.

tusharm

MrExcel MVP
No, not natively. While I am sure one can cobble up a solution using VBA code, the important question is "Why?" Is there a reason whoever asked you is trying to save using another cell? It's hard to believe they are running short of cells given that a *single* worksheet can contain 65,536*256 of them.

I was asked if you could display 2 hyperlinks in 1 cell. My gut feeling tells me no but I figured I would ask the experts.

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yaronjoseph