2 People Run Same Macro: 1 Gets Expected Results; Other Gets RowHeight Error

bonzo

Board Regular
My group has several .xlsx files out on a network drive. Two of us execute the exact same macro on the exact same set of files -- sequentially, not concurrently -- from our respective laptops. For me, the macro runs as expected & the results are as expected. For the other person, the macro abends on a VBA statement where rowHeight is attempted to be set.

Error# = 1004
Error Description = "Unable to set the RowHeight property of the Range class."

We both have Windows 10 & we both have "Microsoft® Excel® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2208 Build 16.0.15601.20526) 32-bit".

Shouldn't we both get the same results: either both succeeding or both failing with the same error? What possible reasons could there be for one of us getting a successful run & the other getting the error? This is repeatable, so it's not a case of who executes first or anything like that. We run the macro multiple times, in any order, & it still works for me, but fails for the other person. Is there some Excel option/setting that we each might have set differently that could cause this? If so, how would I determine which option(s)/setting(s) that might be?

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Might be easier to get a solution if you posted the code.

Upvote 0
I would check the Reference Libraries of the computer that's not working with the one that is, and make sure they're the same.

Upvote 0
I would check the Reference Libraries of the computer that's not working with the one that is, and make sure they're the same.
I've asked the other person to compare their reference libraries to mine. Once they send me the results, I'll send another post. I'm not using any special reference libraries; just the ones that are there by default.

1679427171789.png

Upvote 0
I've asked the other person to compare their reference libraries to mine. Once they send me the results, I'll send another post. I'm not using any special reference libraries; just the ones that are there by default.

View attachment 88071

I got confirmation that the reference libraries are indeed the same.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back