2 questions

mulefan101

Hello everybody

I’m a new Excel user and maybe the worlds biggest Nerd, I can’t believe how cool this thing is! I have two questions.

# 1 I have a work book for my monthly bills; it has a summery page a first and last page and a page for each month. It works great but I want to average my bills, Cash and such so I need to exclude zeros. I did a search for average exclude 0 but could not get any of those to work in my work book.

# 2 I made an estimating Template for work. I used the same type of approach as above, I put the sheets between a first and last page so I can add as many sheets as I need and send all the totals too the summary page. But what about if I need to bid four-hundred and eighty-two widgets all the same thing? I need a cell that I can enter a number in that will Multiply all my hours, materials and such instead of copying all those sheets ( its a lot easier to think about how long it takes to build one widget than 50 or 382 or whatever). I hope I am not being too detailed in my descriptions but I don’t want to waste your time because I wasn’t clear about what I am looking for.

Joe

P.S Thanks for your help I know some of you make your money by making templates for this kind of stuff.

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
I tried both ways and I get a # value. here is what my Formula looks like.

thanks

=SUM(First:Last!D16)/COUNTIF(First:Last!D16,">0")

Upvote 0
It appears to me you are trying to do your calculation based on your sheet names as a range, which if you are, I don't believe you can handle it like that.
=SUM(First:Last!D16)/COUNTIF(First:Last!D16,">0")

Upvote 0
Welcome to the Board!

See the helpfile for "Functions that can be used in a 3-D reference". COUNTIF isn't one of them, but you can use COUNT or COUNTA.

Hope that helps,

Smitty

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristineC

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back