2 Sheets, each sheets has IDs, I need to match IDs and write information from sheet 2 to sheet 1.

Ergiler

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I have 2 sheets, sheet1 named Working has currently working people in the company. Sheet2, named Education, has all that have ever worked in the company.
Both sheets have names and work IDs, I personally try to match the work IDs. Sheet with Education has currently achieved Education level of the workers and I need to move that information to the Working sheet, and to the right worker, through the working IDs/names.

So far I was able to use MATCH function to pinpoint the right row with matching ID in the collum
Excel Formula:
=MATCH(C20;Education!C:C;0)
. I know it can be made better so I am asking for the advice.

Forum recommended me post with name "Matching Student ID with respective name" but I am honestly not very good with excel so I was not able to make it work.

I will be happy for any help.

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hello,

I have 2 sheets, sheet1 named Working has currently working people in the company. Sheet2, named Education, has all that have ever worked in the company.
Both sheets have names and work IDs, I personally try to match the work IDs. Sheet with Education has currently achieved Education level of the workers and I need to move that information to the Working sheet, and to the right worker, through the working IDs/names.

So far I was able to use MATCH function to pinpoint the right row with matching ID in the collum
Excel Formula:
=MATCH(C20;Education!C:C;0)
. I know it can be made better so I am asking for the advice.

Forum recommended me post with name "Matching Student ID with respective name" but I am honestly not very good with excel so I was not able to make it work.

I will be happy for any help.
Sorted with Index

Upvote 0
Solution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moo4247

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back