2 sperate Font sizes in the same cell

mingandmong

Hi Im using excel 2010

can anyone help me in in creating 2 sepertate size fonts in the same cell the first font is size 128 Arial & the second font size is 20 Arial

the formulas are in coulmn "E" & "F" (Vlookups from another sheet), i concatanate them with a space inbetween and word wrap so that the letter N is above and November is below in the

same cell which is in column"J"

i can manualy accomplish this by in the task bar highlighting the N and then Novemeber and manualy change the font size

however i have a lot of data in "E" & "F" and the data changes on a daily basis

any workaround is apprecied by either changing concatanate to another formula or a macro or vba

Many thanks

Hi Dave changed the sheet name, and still can not run as a macro.. i open up the macro and its empty?
also the code being specific would need to change November was an example the other rows below are charlie, foxtrot, yankee zulu ect..ect

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Hi Fluff thankyou for your hard work.. the result is what i wanted, but it deletes my formula's in column j so i cannot use the same rows again
i will post another example there may be annother way to get my desired results thanks once again
AFAIK there is no way of doing what you want if the cell contains a formula. Which is why I converted the formula into values.

Upvote 0
Thank-you Fluff for all your help,
Its working fine... i just copy and paste column "J" with the origanal formula's via another macro after every time i run your macro

Upvote 0
Glad we could help & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0
You cannot do that via a formula, but this macro should do what you want
Code:
Sub FontSize()

Dim Cl As Range

For Each Cl In Range("J2", Range("J" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp))
      With Cl
         .Value = .Value
         .Font.Name = "Arial"
         .Font.size = 20
      .Characters(1, 1).Font.size = 128
      End With
   Next Cl

End Sub

Thank you for this very useful code Fluff. I have always wanted to be able to change the font of part of a cell's contents using code, and the .Characters attribute is the magic piece I needed. Below is an example where I used it to subscript part of a cell. I think I will be able to generalize it by making the starting cell and ending cell parameters in the function, and maybe also using a parameter for what I want to change (subscript or superscript etc.0. Very helpful!

Code:
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]Dim Cl As Range
For Each Cl In Range("rType")
With Cl
   .Characters(13, 17).Font.Subscript = True
End With
Next Cl
[/FONT]

Upvote 0
Glad it helped you & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keycalinc

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back