2 Values Compared to 2 Values = Text

Roger Hendrix

Good afternoon. I have been struggling with a formula. There seems to be touches on my particular situation all over the net, but not a specific answer.

Scenario: I have a NCAA Basketball Tournament Bracket that is fairly "smart". My bracket currently uses =VLOOKUP(C6,'Historical Season Stats'!A3:D153,4,0). Once i type in the team name in the position of the bracket it will auto fill the win loss stats above the name of the team.

I would like to be able to just type in the information on the Historical Season Stats sheet and have it auto fill the information for the team as well as the stats. My columns on the data sheet are : Team Name, Division, Seed, Season (W-L).

I have been playing with index / match with no luck. The struggle is each bracket has seeded positions of 1 thru 16 with four different brackets being South, East, West, and Midwest.

Would array work somehow to make it so i could only enter the data one time?

Thanks for taking a look.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
You need to be more specific. How do your brackets work? where is all the Raw data stored? you could simply store all the data for each team on a hidden tab and run a array index match formula. Please give an example as I am trying to understand what you are trying to do. What information do you type in the historical season stats sheet?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back