2 workbooks open when only one is selected

Mathman

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows

Not sure what changed but when I open up a workbook I now always get a second blank workbook that opens up as well.

Also when I click a cell it now acts like I have double clicked it which is a little frustrating.

Any ideas why this is happening and how I can fix it?

Thank you
MM

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hi,
is the 2nd window called personal.xlsb? If so click on this window and to get rid of it is to go to the View tab and click Hide. This file is where your personal macros may be stored. I had it opening for a while and it annoyed me so I have hidden mine from view.

if its not called personal.xlsb then I found the instructions below on answers.microsoft.com (this is a link to the post/page) - In this example option C cured the issues as the user had recently installed MySQL and this set an option to open a blank Excel file each time via a COM add in!!

Please make a note of any options you change as if it doesn't cure the issue then I always think its best to put the settings back :)

Please try the followings to see the result:
a.Disable preview pane in File Explorer (open File Explorer, click View tab and make sure Preview Pane is not enabled).
b.Navigate to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART check if there is any file and move it to other location.
c.Open Excel and go to File tab->Options->Add-ins, Set "Manage" to "COM Add-ins" and click Go, Write down which add-ins are selected, uncheck them all, choose OK.

Upvote 0
looks like it was MySQL that was creating the issues. Strange how it would create such problems. Thank you for the help, it's greatly appreciated.

MM

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreeCricketId

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back