2003 and 2013 interaction

Tjtrev89

Board Regular
Hi all,

New to posting on these forums, though been a regular viewer for a few months now. I have a rather basic question, or so I think, but struggling to find the answer anywhere!

I want to create an excel doc at home (using excel 2013) which will be a test style doc, featuring option buttons and IF formulas to return a score.

I then want to open this doc and use it in work, which will mean using excel 2003. My question is, will I be able to do this? Plus, will I lose any of the work put in? Ie option button and formulas etc. Not planning on using Vb.

I'm aware of saving it as .xls and selecting doc type/year, but want to make sure this allows editing/functionality when opened in 2003, rather than just opening it.

Thanks very much in advance folks

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Hi Martindwilson, thanks for the reply and guidance. Further specific question, with option buttons in 2003, the value returned by standard is true or false. However, with excel 2013, the value is a number depending on the option button that you select. (ie 1st out of 4 options returns the number 1 in linked cell. I'm building formula that takes the value from the linked cell, not sure then that this will transfer over to 2003 effectively?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rohitsomani

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back