2003 Excel Averages Question - Novice User!

klacuna

I would like to average a column of numbers that is missing one number and shows a #DIV/0! in one box of the column. How would I write a formula to have excel automatically skip that information and average the remainig numbers? At this time, I received the same error #DIV/0! at the column average cell. Thanks so much for helping a newbee!

Excel Facts

Difference between two dates
Secret function! Use =DATEDIF(A2,B2,"Y")&" years"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"YM")&" months"&=DATEDIF(A2,B2,"MD")&" days"
I would like to average a column of numbers that is missing one number and shows a #DIV/0! in one box of the column. How would I write a formula to have excel automatically skip that information and average the remainig numbers? At this time, I received the same error #DIV/0! at the column average cell. Thanks so much for helping a newbee!

Hello and welcome.
Why not to correct the error at first?

Upvote 0
Good Morning!

I have columns of monthly QC data based on the items in each row. I have averaged monthly at the bottom of each column, and at the end of each row to get a year to date average for each item and month. There are a few items that are quarterly so there is no monthly data yet, so my overall year to date of all items won't calculate due to the missing quartely data. So I can't fix the error due to the lack of data. Does this make sense? Thanks for all of your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back