2007 Conversion

dave8

I just converted my 2003 workbook application to 2007 (I think). The file is now in .xlsm format. However, when I launch this (.xlsm) workbook in 2003, it goes thru a file conversion process and comes back with following error:

"The file was created in a newer version of Microsoft Excel. The file has been
converted to a format you can work with, but the following issues were
encountered. The file has been opened in read-only mode to protect the
original file.

- Unitialized ActiveX controls will not be opened in this version of Excel. "

How do I correct this so I can run the program interchangebly between 2003 and 2007?

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows

dave8

So, is it suggested then, that if users are running an application written in 2003 but is running 2007 to save it as an earlier version?

Joe4

MrExcel MVP, Junior Admin
Office Version
Platform
Windows
If you are running 2007, there is no harm in running workbooks created in 2003.

If anyone who uses this workbook has 2003, I would recommend leaving it as a 2003 file. If all users have 2007, you can convert it to a 2007 file if you like (but don't need to).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newaqua

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...