2010 Exit Excel - 1089 - Learn Excel from MrExcel

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Aug 27, 2009.
It became harder to exit Excel starting in Excel 2007. Episode 1089 takes a look at how to exit Excel 2010.

This blog is the video podcast companion to the book, Learn Excel 97-2007 from MrExcel. Download a new two minute video every workday to learn one of the 377 tips from the book!
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Hey welcome back to the MrExcel netcast.
I'm Bill Jelen.
Basically, we start out with massive amounts of data.
How we're gonna analyzed this.
Well, let's fire up a pivot table and see you can solve this problem.
Hey welcome back to the MrExcel netcast.
I'm Bill Jelen.
Well, you know over the last five weeks I think I've taken about 14 episodes now looking at Excel 2010 time to move on get back to your excel questions one last trick here is in 2007 they changed the behavior have these buttons up here it used to be that this button would close the current workbook and the X at the top would close Excel, but in 2007 they changed it's the one at the top doesn't close Excel it just closes the current workbook, until you get down to the point where there's only one workbook open and what not many people knew or the people who did know it discovered it by mistake.
In 2007 you would have to double click the office icon and instead to close Excel and you can no longer do that if you double click the office icon, it just takes you to the backstage view.
So, we don't have an exit they added this new menu up here and I thought that the new menu would give us a way to close Excel, but instead it still just closes the current workbook.
I thought maybe I could right click here on exit and say add the quick access toolbar, but for some reason that's not working.
So, if you want to be able to close Excel, what we can do is go to the quick access toolbar say customize quick access toolbar ask for all commands and then come down to the ease to find Exit Excel, and you can add that to your quick access toolbar.
Kind of strange that it is really just this difficult to have one click access to close Excel.
There you have it.
Excel 2010 great new version of Excel they took a lot of the features in Excel 2007.
You know allows you to customize the ribbon which I think is a really good thing.
That way you can have Pivot tables on the data tab if that's where you want, sparklines some new conditional formatting better SmartArt great picture tools lots of new statistical functions remember Mike Girvin telling you about those slicers all kinds of great, great features coming Either Q1 or early Q2 of 2010.
So, hopefully you'll look forward to that.
I wanna thank you for stopping by.
We'll see you next time for a another netcast from MrExcel.
Well, thanks for stopping by.
We'll see you next time for another netcast from MrExcel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back