2013 Pivot table issue: data source table identified with file name

AlisaA

Board Regular
I have a file that contains several pivot tables originating from a data table contained within the spreadsheet. The table name is TurnData, but the data source is treated as 'GPS Turnover - P05 2015.xlsx'!TurnData. I can successfully remove the file reference from the data source, but once I save, close, and reopen the file, the file name reference returns.

Then when I create the new period's file, the pivot tables link to the previous period's spreadsheet because of the file name reference. It does not matter if I make a copy of the spreadsheet in Windows Explorer or do a file/save as to create the new file. Then I have to go into each pivot table and change each data source individually to relink to the correct table.

I have tried using both pivot table options: "Data/Save source data with file" checked and unchecked. Neither one makes a difference.

Does anyone know the solution to this issue? Thank you in advance for your help!

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
I am still having this problem, does ANYONE know what causes this to happen? I have now gotten rid of the table and just link to the data range on a separate tab within the same file. Same issue - each new period file links back to the previous period file. Please help!! Thank you!!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back