3 Conditions "Earliest Date" , "Latest Date", "String"

xijiangwoo

Hello Everyone !

I am a total noob to Excel. I've been slowly teaching myself the past 2 weeks. I have the below formula working with multiple conditions.

=SUMPRODUCT((CompletionDate>=Z15)*(CompletionDate<= AA15)*Engraving)

The CompletionDate is a range column of dates, Z15 is the cell with the earlier date and "AA15" is cell with the later date. If those conditions are met, it will show a total from the "Engraving" range column and display the total in cell "Z25".

I would like to add a criteria to search a column (Person) of 4 different names and display the total from "Mike" (One of the four names).

Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Any help is grealty appreciated !!!

Xi

konew1

You can add more criteria, like
=SUMPRODUCT((CompletionDate>=Z15)*(CompletionDate<= AA15)*(Person="Mike")*Engraving)
Using sumproduct I would suggest
=SUMPRODUCT(--(CompletionDate>=Z15),--(CompletionDate<= AA15),--(Person="Mike"),Engraving) which is the same thing, but I understand to be more efficient.
What version of excel do you have? =SUMIFS( would be better if you have Xl2010+ (and maybe xl2007)

xijiangwoo

Thank you. I am working with "2010". I couldn't figure out how to use sumifs, so I found a sumproduct formula to help me get started.

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

Suppose you put "Mike" in cell AB15 then the SUMIFS version would be

=SUMIFS(Engraving,CompletionDate,">="&Z15,CompletionDate,"<="&AA15,Person,AB15)

xijiangwoo

Thanks Peter !

What if I wanted to add multiple named ranges? "engraving" "ETCH" "Cutout"

I'm trying to read the help files as well.

Thanks for all of the input !

Xi

Peter_SSs

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Office Version
Platform
Windows
What if I wanted to add multiple named ranges? "engraving" "ETCH" "Cutout"
If that means you want to sum those 3 named ranges when the dates are between earliest & latest and Person = Mike, then I would return to SUMPRODUCT.

=SUMPRODUCT(--(CompletionDate>=Z15),--(CompletionDate<= AA15),--(Person=AB15),Engraving+ETCH+Cutout)

If your data is in a 'Table', then you may also find this thread useful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gnar

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• populate from drop list with multiple tables
    Hi All, i have a drop list that displays data, what i want is when i select one of those from the list to populate text from different tables on...
  • Find list of words from sheet2 in sheet1 before a comma and extract text vba
    Hi Friends, Trying to find the solution on my task. But did not find suitable one to the need. Here is my query and sample file with details...
  • Dynamic Formula entry - VBA code sought
    Hello, really hope one of you experts can help with this - i've spent hours on this and getting no-where. .I have a set of data (more rows than...
  • Listbox Header
    Have a named range called "AccidentsHeader" Within my code I have: [CODE]Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() ListBox1.RowSource =...
  • Complex Heat Map using conditional formatting
    Good day excel world. I have a concern. Below link have a list of countries that carries each country unique data. [URL...
  • Conditional formatting
    Hi good morning, hope you can help me please, I have cells P4:P54 and if this cell is equal to 1 then i want row O to say "Fully Utilised" and to...