3 three CASCADING DATA VALIDATION (CATEGORY, DESCRIPTION and MODEL) PLEASE HELP ! ! ! ! ! ! Thank you and GOD BLESS....

Brixton11

Great Day to you ! !

I am Newbie in MrExcel.com Hope you Help me to Solve This Very2x Big Problem For Me T_T
i So Stress Regarding This Please Help Guy's

SEE THE PICTURE

Z

SITUATION:
.. Earlier This worksheet is , CATEGORY and DESCRIPTION only, and its already Working, the Description (Offset or Match or Cascade Data validation to Category), that's why if you Click to the Category and Choose One Category, the Description is Ready to Choose One to the Description of the Categery ,.
.. After that i Decide to add a Field that "MODEL" cause i want to be Specific to Item BUT !

Here's BUT !
.. After i Add a Column that's "MODEL" the Model Cant Choose what's the DESCRIPTION'S MODEL, is the MODEL SHEETS
.. I want to Cascade Data Validation or Match the MODEL to DESCRIPTION,

QUESTION:
.. IS MY FORMULA IS CORRECT ? or Somethings Wrong, or we need to ADD Formula on this kind of Situation?

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Welcome your picture is not visible....try using e.g.photobucket, or Mr excel HTML maker( see how to install it on my signature)

Upvote 0
Maybe me or someone arround here can help you with a solution, but like i told you we can't see the image you tried to posted....

Upvote 0
Yeah, the solution would be to tell us what the problem actually is, it took me 5 minutes just to scroll down to the reply button.

Upvote 0
You haven't provided any information.
Your image is posted incorrectly and you have been advised to fix the problem by a couple of other posters.
We are more than happy to help...but you have to, help us help you !!

Upvote 0
Good Day ! Sorry for Disturbing you all :(

Ahhhmm.. I'll try to Explain . hehe :wink:

.. I need to create a cascading group of data validation lists based on data from (3)THREE COLUMNS. the "CATEGORY, DESCRIPTION and MODEL"
The data sheet looks like this.....

when you choose a CATEGORY, the DESCRIPTION drop down should only show those that belong to the CATEGORY, and if you Choose One in the
DESCRIPTION, the MODEL Drop Down Should Only Show Belong to the DESCRIPTION

.. The CATEGORY/DESCRIPTION/MODEL define a specific location EACH, and there will be many ITEMS in the STORE, and many DESCRIPTION and MODEL in the Store and Warehouse that's why i Need to Make this Very Specific..

.. i Already Done about CATEGORY and DESCRIPTION, But, the MODEL Field or Column i Inserted Did not Work PROPERLY,
Not Working PROPERLY, means MODEL FIELD is Working But Not Properly, because the MODEL Drop Down is not Belong to the DESCRIPTION'S
you Choose T_T

this is the Formula i Use.

CASCADING DATA VALIDATION FORMULA:

Category Field.
=Products!$M$6:$M$10

DESCRIPTION Field
=OFFSET(Products!$E$5,MATCH(Sales!$M4,Category_Full,0),0,COUNTIF(Category_Full,Sales!$M4),1)

MODEL Field
=OFFSET(Products!$F$5,MATCH(Sales!$N4,Sales,0),0,COUNTIF(Sales,Sales!$N4),1)

Hope you Understand my Concerned Guy's .

Thanks a Lot Guy's, that's why i Feel i love this site, Because all of your Response...

Continue to help other, don't Change ^___^
Thank you and God Bless...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdusw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back