3 week look ahead schedule

Lewellymoss77

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
if you would be so kind to offer a piece of guidance this would be great. this is my look ahead schedule for work, and i would like to be able to have the dates in these three weeks auto populate when i fill out the "week ending" box i created in cell x7. as you can see, i have it programmed to fill in the one sunday that the first week ends. ive subscribed to your channel among many others and i cant find a video that explains this. it seems to me it would be maybe an "IF" function? any help would be appreciated.
excel doc.jpg

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
@Fluff will that work for dates, as far as changing months and knowing how many days are in each month?

Upvote 0
The Op asked for dates in a 3 week period, that will do the 1st week & if the OP is interested, I can supply the formula for the other two weeks.

Upvote 0
i have a feeling the macros that @johnnyL provided will work, i just dont understand how to input the date start date and did he mean the first day meaning monday? i just needed assistance understanding the language so i do it correctly. i know im not as versed as you guys, i would like to learn though. what i want to accomplish is that any time, someone can input the week ending cell for any dat and it will correctly populate all three weeks.

Upvote 0
@Lewellymoss77 That is what you need to do. After you have copied and pasted the code into the sheet (directions in post #2) you simply put your week ending date into the cell X7. That is all you need to do. whenever the date is changed in cell X7, the other info is automatically calculated.

Upvote 0
okay, i did it and save the file. it doesnt do anything, wondering if i need to enable something?

Upvote 0
Again. I refer you to post #2 in this thread as to how and where to place the code.

Your picture shows that you copied the code into module 1. The code does not go there. Read post #2 again.

Upvote 0
thank you!!! i have a six week also, so i can just extrapolate this code to fit correct?

Upvote 0
Did you finally get it to work?

Yes, the code could be appended for any amount of weeks needed.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ksonnia

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back