365/365 Calculation Formula

hjustice

I am trying to figure out a formula to build an amortization schedule in Excel with a 365/365 accrual base. It appears that the PMT function in Excel calculates monthly payments on a 365/360 basis. I am trying to create this so that I can plug in loan information and it will spit out the same information to match the contracts and if it doesn't, I will be able to quickly identify a problem. The function I'm currently using that I believe to be 365/360 calculation reads like this: =PMT(Interest Rate/12,Number of payments,Amount of loan). I then have a separate interest column that is calculated using daily interest (Amount of loan*interest rate/365)*number of days in the payment period. For the first payment date, it is made to be 30 days from the date of booking/funding per our promissory notes (i.e. booking date is 2/7/17 then the first payment date is 3/9/17). The remainder of the payments would fall on the 9th of every month until maturity. This column is coming out to be calculated correctly for the first payment. However, the principal balance is not correct because the total P&I payment calculation is incorrect. Please provide me a calculation/formula to do a 365/365 monthly payment calculation. I have looked everywhere!

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back