39 sponges in a tray...

Vance25

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello and thank you in advance if you're reading this. I think it will be fairly easy to solve but my Excel knowledge is limited.

I work at a production company that can fit 39 "sponges" into one shipping box. Because a production run total changes based on the amount of material we have, the total output for our number of sponges often varies. As an example, I have staff that will group between one and 20 sponges into a small buckets as they come off the assembly line, and write that number on the side of the bucket. I'd like to put those bucket totals into a spreadsheet as they are received and have a spreadsheet build out a list of Boxes combined into 39 (or less). Id love for it to be an image, say similar to our shipping box that has the separate totals displayed on it Like , BOX ONE, PINK, 13-12-14. BOX TWO, YELLOW, 5-6-9-9-10. BOX THREE, BLUE, 11-3-4-9-12. you may have noticed the color. That's the wrinkle to the (formula, chart, graph, pivot table... I am not sure). We have different color sponges that I would like the spreadsheet to group, like our employees have. As pink sponges come off the line they go into a bucket of all pink sponges of between one to 20. So I would like Excel to look at all the bucket totals of Pink, yellow, green, blue etc. sponges we have separated into rows by that color at the end of a shift, add up that total for a given color, and then tell me which buckets to place in front of a shipping box of 39 so that employees can simply load those sponges into a shipping box without re-counting them.

THANK YOU!

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back