JustOneQuestion

Hello all,

I am tracking hours over the year with the weekly hours total placed in cell M3. In cell N3 I have this equation =AVERAGE('WEEK 1:MASTER'!M3) which is keeping a year to date average of hours. which is working great, except if I add a new person to the sheet to track the hours, the equation is not averaging correctly.

For example: I have added a line and copied the equation into M10 & N10 following this I adjusted my 3D equation as such =AVERAGE('WEEK 11:MASTER'!M10) I changed the red text to only pull from week 11 to the master sheet, because there is no data before week 11. It seems to be averaging all the sheets, because my average that comes from this equation is much lower than the actual average. It is throwing out 38.7 as the YTD average, but I ran it manually (3 times to make sure I was correct) and the average should be 47.6.

Anyone have some thoughts?

Here is a link to my last post - which lead me to the 3D equation.

https://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/999321-creating-average-code-all-sheets.html

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back