A macro to concatenate comments from corresponding cells in multiple duplicate excel workbooks into corresponding cell of one single master workbook

keaden

Hello all,
Long time lurker, first time poster.
I'm having a bit of difficulty wrapping my head around something that would speed things up immensely for me in the office.

Basically a collegue has an excel workbook and has distributed copies of to various departments for them to insert their comments.

The comments from each department are going to be in text strings in various cells on multiple copies of the workbook (which all have the same layout)

I was wondering if there is a macro that will allow me to select/open the returned/completed workbooks from the other departments, select any comments that may have been inserted and concatenate these formatted text comments into the original master workbook (or create a new workbook that will have the multiple comments concatenated into a single cell corresponding to each cell on the duplicate workbooks) with a new line being taken for each comment within the cell

for example in cell B2 of workbook copy 1 sheet 1 the comment is "This will require further study N.B." (in green)
in cell B2 of workbook copy 2 sheet 1 the comment is "We have issued a tender for this study F.C." (in blue)

So the concatenated B2 cell on the master sheet will read "This will require further study N.B." (in green formatted text)
"We have issued a tender for this study F.C." (in blue formatted text)

Is this even possible? I've found a macro that allows toy to open and merge selected workbooks (RDBMerge) but it does not concatenate the text in each workbook into corresponding cells

Any help or a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated
Thanks for you time
(Apologies if the explination seems patronising I would rather try to give too much info than too little)
K

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juliecooper255

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back