A more efficient way to concat in place?

ptowel

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
This is such a simple question that I'm almost certain it's been asked before but I can't seem to find a duplicate question so here it goes.

I would like to concat in-place. For example, if I have 'The' in A1, 'Quick' in A2, 'Brown' in A3 and 'Fox' in Z99, I would like to have 'The Quick Brown Fox' in one of the cells, say A1 or A3 or Z99, and the rest of the cells cleared out and free of values.

The way I currently do it is to use concat or textjoin, dump the full string into some empty cell, then find the actual cell I want the value to be in, then copy the value, then delete the rest of the cells including the one I used for the sole purpose of dumping the string into. However, this is very slow, prone to human errors and does not scale well when I have hundreds of strings I want to perform the same workflow on.

Is there a function or way in Excel to more efficiently perform this current workflow?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
You could use TEXTJOIN function.

Kind regards

saba

As I said, it is what I'm using so far. But it's inefficient since I still have to manually perform the steps of copying over to one of the cells I want to concatenate and deleting all the other cells.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back