A picture as cell bakground or cell pattern

n-kadkhodaei

Hi
How can I insert a small picture as a cell 'Background' or 'Pattern'? How can I assign a picture to a cell. I want to insert a picture as a pattern of a single cell. For example I want to show my photograph in an indivigual cell as cell pattern or cell back ground.
Thank you for your attention.
N-KADKHODAEI

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
You cannot associate a cell with a picture let alone as a background. In XL, pictures reside in a "layer" above the cells.

That said, you can *simulate* the effect of linking a cell with an image but it will hide anything in the cell.

Through the UI just drag and adjust the shape of the image to fit that of the cell.

Through code, adjust the shape's left, top, width, and height to match those of the cell of interest.

In both cases, ensure that you set the shape's properties so that it sizes and moves with the cell.

Upvote 0
Hi,

How can I insert a small picture as a cell 'Background' or 'Pattern'? How can I assign a picture to a cell. I want to insert a picture as a pattern of a single cell. For example I want to show my photograph in an indivigual cell as cell pattern or cell back ground.

You can use a picture as a background (texture) in Excel with Format > Sheet > Background. However, this texture will be applied to all cells in a worksheet.

Background is only visible if ColorIndex of a Cell.Interior is set to xlColorIndexNone, otherwise, interior color will override the background.
Thus, by carefully positioning background image and coloring interior of all cells except a selected few, you can create an illusion that some cells have background picture. But this is rather tiresome and unreliable method - any changes like deleting or resizing rows will spoil the effect :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanakoro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back