A question about file size

kluitna

Board Regular
What drive file size in Excel workbooks. I have one workbook that has 9 worksheets that our not that complicate or big. The information on them can be printed on my page, but it is 7 MB, Then I have another one that is 5 worksheets and has more complicate formating and is only 256KB. This is always something that has baffled me abotu Excel is how file size is effected. Anyone out there have any ideas on this?

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Duplicate or not I think that this is an interesting question. I have noticed that Excel (and other Office) files can increase or decrease in size "at random". For example I can add data to a workbook then find that the file size has decreased relative to the automatic backup. Not a problem for me since I am not constrained (yet!) by disk space limitations.

Upvote 0
I linked to the duplicate post by kluitna because I put a reply there, not because I thought the question uninteresting. Leaving duplicate posts unmarked results in people wasting their time if, for example, they hunt for topics with zero replies when the issue has already been addressed in the parallel thread.

Paddy
This message was edited by PaddyD on 2002-09-17 15:18

Upvote 0
PaddyD

Sorry, didn't mean to suggest otherwise.

Wrist duly slapped.

Regards.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
visheshkotha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back