A tester for the experts!

Sykovampyr

Board Regular
Hi Guys and Gals! A good two part question! If any one could help i would be in debted! I am looking to create a button to copy the values from one set of cells from all sheets in a work book to another set of cells in the same workbook. For example copy the values from E4-E39 from sheets 1-15 and place just the Vaules in cells B4-B39 in the respective sheets. Once it has paste the values i would then like it to clear the cells E4-E39 of Values.

Thean in addition to this i would like to create another button that copies from G4-G39 to B4-b3- and clears C4-C39...............

any ideas or can someone point me in the right Direction??

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Are the sheets named something specific or have you left them as the default Excel names (Sheet1, Sheet2, etc)?
Also, do you have any "header" sheets, i.e. and sheets that should be excluded from the copy/paste routine?

Upvote 0
Code:
Dim ws As Worksheet
For Each ws In Worksheets
    ws.[B4:B39] = ws.[E4:E39].Value
    ws.[E4:E39].ClearContents
Next

And similarly for the second bit of your question.

Upvote 0
The sheets are are called something different but for examples sake we could call them the defult! there are Three sheets that would need to be excluded and 6 that require smaller formulas.................... If it is easier i could do a button per sheet..............................

How would i put the code into button format?!

All confusing!

Upvote 0
Right click on Toolbar and select forms. Select button and draw one on your sheet. The macro dialog should appear, type a name for it and select new, copy and paste code!

Jose

Upvote 0
Thanks Jose! And Thanks Boller for the code, will have a play and see what i can do .......................

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vmanchoppy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back