A very newbie to VBA

irresistible007

Board Regular
Lets say I have put a Text box on top of my sheet (picked from Activex Control Toolbar). Now i want the cell G10 to show the contents whatever is typed into it - what will be the code?...

Also, can somebody recommend me a site from where i can learn how the above type of coding is done cuz i am upto a project where a lot of such simple coding is required

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
right click on the text box select Properties, then in the list of properties selet LinkedCell and type G10. Now turn off Design Mode, and type in the text box, what ever you type will appear in G10

Upvote 0
hmm... thats was fairly simple ... is there is any website which you or anyone else like to recommend from where i can learn such coding...

Like what if i want to use that textbox to send the contents to G1 when a command button beneath it is pressed and same time clearing itself so as it can be re-used to send contents to next blank cell in that column

Upvote 0
When you have a question, this is a great place. If you want reference material. Try the following books:

MicroSoft Excel "your Version" Power Programming with VBA
MicroSoft Excel "your Version" Bible

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back