A way to prevent "calculated" zeroes from populati

WRV

Is there a way to avoid a zeroes problem in the following scenario?

I have some charts that include monthly (Jan Feb...Dec) data, & I also have some charts that are "year to date". The ytd charts are created by the feed from the monthly data as follows: Jan ytd= Jan. Feb ytd= Feb+Jan ytd... Dec ytd = Dec+Nov ytd.

I would like my year to date chart to be preconfigured so that both the monthly chart and the ytd chart are simply awaiting the new monthly data. To do this, I must drag my YTD formula for the full year in advance, but this then creates "calculated zero's in those months which trashes the appearance of my chart.

Thanks

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Re: A way to prevent "calculated" zeroes from popu

WRV said:
Is there a way to avoid a zeroes problem in the following scenario?

I have some charts that include monthly (Jan Feb...Dec) data, & I also have some charts that are "year to date". The ytd charts are created by the feed from the monthly data as follows: Jan ytd= Jan. Feb ytd= Feb+Jan ytd... Dec ytd = Dec+Nov ytd.

I would like my year to date chart to be preconfigured so that both the monthly chart and the ytd chart are simply awaiting the new monthly data. To do this, I must drag my YTD formula for the full year in advance, but this then creates "calculated zero's in those months which trashes the appearance of my chart.

Thanks

What formula are you using?

Upvote 0
Re: A way to prevent "calculated" zeroes from popu

are you talking about having a chart which will continue to grow as the data does? if this is the case, go to :

http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_charts/index.html#BasicRange

you can do some really cool charts (& other cool stuff) with the aid of this website. i've used it successfully many times. excellent resource.

hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiSonic

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back