AAAhh Help Please!

Nunzie23

Board Regular
I am a beginner using Access. I'm trying to build a client database that would show client names, address, phone, dr, school, and specific therapy info. Now I've created three seperate tables..one for personal info, one for referral info, and one for therapy info, all of which are linked to each other. Thats's fine so far, i think. I then created a form using all of the fields from the above three tables to make filling in the info easier. Now, my question...some of the fields I would like to make drop down menues and have specific choices. I've searched for help online and I dont seem to be able to change it from a text box. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Am I supposed to change it to a drop down menu in the table of the form? and where do I type the selections?

Excel Facts

Wildcard in VLOOKUP
Use =VLOOKUP("Apple*" to find apple, Apple, or applesauce
If you change it in the underlying tables, then when you create the forms off of these tables, it should automatically do it for you (and that is probably the easiest way).

If you go into the Design View of the tables, go to the field you want and in the Field Properties box at the bottom of the screen, go to the Lookup tab.
Then select the Combo Box option under Display Control.
The Row Source Type property lets you choose whether your values are coming from a Table/Query or a defined List.
The Row Source property is where you enter the Table/Query name of your source, or if a list, enter each option separated by a semi-colon.

Once you make this update, then re-add this field to your form, and it should now be a Combo Box (you cannot switch the Text Box to a Combo Box, you need to re-add the field).

The other way is simply to make it a Combo Box on the Form. To do that, select Combo Box from the Tools menu and add it to the Form. You then need to link it to your field and specify the options. This may be a little harder if you have not had a lot of experience doing this -- I would recommend the other option.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nzskater

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back