Access 2000 combo box #Name? error

kmd7

I have no idea what I am doing. I am trying to set up a combo box in a form design view. I want to be able to click the arrow on the right side of the field and then scroll down to a selection. I have set up a main form and then a form for the fill ins. I made sure my control source was correct and that my row source was correct. I still keep getting the #Name? message. When I click the arrow to scroll my correct list comes up, but I can't select anything.
If anyone knows what I'm talking about I would appreciate any help you can give. Thank you

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I'm guessing that the issue is the FORM for the fillins -- not required if you're building a pick list. The data needs to be in a lookup table, which is simple to reference and you won't get the NAME errors. So...
1. Combo on form
2. Row source should point to a table or query. Table will give all items in that table, query lets you change the sort order and/or filter the options based on another criterion.
Also, the table MUST have a Primary Key if you want to use it for data entry. If the lookup table only has one field, make that the primary key.
3. Try again, you should be free of the errors.

Denis

Upvote 0
Okay I set the Primary Key and set it to the table. I click on the drop box and it displays the correct information. However, I am unable to select anything. Still have #Name? message

Upvote 0
Don't know what you are seelcting but you didn't use a generic field name like Date, did you? Some names are also inbuilt functions and will confuse Access if you try to use them.
Otherwise, there must be a typo somewhere.

See how you go

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back