Access 2002 change report header text

mstafford2020

Platform
  1. Windows
Hello.. I have a customer I'm helping with access 2002. He has changed his company address and I need to make the changes permanent for future invoices he makes. I've never used access and have already done a ton of research but can't find out how to do it. The info I need to change is on a "report"...I however have successfully opened up a report in design view and changed it...but it only shows those changes on past reports, not any new invoices made, still shows old info. I have attached pics of the area. I somehow need how to change info on the master report if there is such a thing...hope that makes sense.
InkedScreenshot 2020-12-30 142418_LI.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-30 142315.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-30 142315.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 6
I suspect multiple reports are being used for past and future invoices. Either that or some code or other logic in the background that's inserting the old name.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I can't see the "header" info in any of the fields...only everything else
If you open the Report in Design View, go to the Header section, and click on these fields that are returning the value, and check out their Source in the Properties to see where it is coming from. It may be hard-coded right there, in which case you could replace it with a field from your query.

Upvote 0
Thank you Joe4 for your reply. I'm sorry I didn't realize the 2 forums were connected. I ditched the other forum because I was getting snide remarks and they didn't seem to be in a helpful frame of mind...In any event, I followed your instructions and this is where I'm now stuck. The part where you say " Take a look at that, which will be a Table or a Query, and see what the data in there looks like." the record source property is called tomorrow2 and is in was in the query section and I can't see the "header" info in any of the fields...only everything else. I attached a screenshot of the query boxes.
If you are referring to my comment about copying the DB and passing it off as your own, that is quite a likely scenario?
I would not want to be aiding anyone who did that, nor would anyone else I suspect.?

Upvote 0
Looking at this again, is that an actual customer's phone number in the screenshot?

Upvote 0
On the whole the fact that you said you could replace it on old reports but not get the change to happen on new reports is pretty amazing ... that would normally be the hard part! I can only think that the answers already given are all pointing in the right direction - it is necessary to determine if the values are "hard-coded" into the report (in which case, have to change each report one by one) or if the values are coming from some master template or any other kind of method that would source the data for many reports in one place (in which case have to figure out where/how).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gleisner2

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back