Access 2007 Issue. 2 in 1

DThib

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello all,

I have several databases that hold different segments of an items history. 2 of these databases have parts of the information. I run this in Access and I get a table with my specs.

I need to export the Excel file of this and then attach the database to update the query.
When I first export to start the second part of this process, It gives me NAME?? and it tells me I have an invalid character.

What is going on?
The database queries I am building form work separately.

DThib

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
The error message is:

[DataFormat.Error] " is not a valid name. Make sure that it does not include invalid characters or punctuation and that it is not too long.

DThib

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, it isn't clear from the description what you are doing. Can you explain the steps again? Thanks. What are you running? What are you exporting? How are you doing it? Also you might as well give your best guess as to how the name [DataFormat.Error] is related to your process (if you have any idea at all).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Here is the SQL Code:
Code:
SELECT [1st_Query].EntryID, [1st_Query].SPR, [1st_Query].ProductGroup_cust, [1st_Query].Product_HW_Disp, [1st_Query].Product, [1st_Query].Summary, [1st_Query].CustomerAccountSAP, [1st_Query].SerialNumber1, [1st_Query].DateSPREntered, [1st_Query].AssignedTo_Name, [1st_Query].SPRStatus, [1st_Query].DateAssigned, [1st_Query].ResolvedDate, [1st_Query].VerifiedBy_Name, [1st_Query].VerifiedDate, [1st_Query].DateClosed, [1st_Query].DaysOpen, [1st_Query].FailureInvID, [1st_Query].Symptom, [1st_Query].AssignedToVerify_Name, [1st_Query].Country, [1st_Query].State, [1st_Query].Complaint_Type, [1st_Query].[Complaint #], [1st_Query].Date_ResolvedBy_MoYr, [1st_Query].Date_OccuredBy_MoYr, [1st_Query].[Function Dept], [1st_Query].ConsoleUsed, [1st_Query].CorrActionReq, [1st_Query].CorrActionID, [1st_Query].DurationOfUse, [1st_Query].[01_dbo_vSPRDetailExtended].DateReadyForFI, dbo_vFI_Data.PrimaryRootCauseLevel1, dbo_vFI_Data.PrimaryRootCauseLevel3FROM 02_Impella_SPR, dbo_vFI_Data, 1st_Query;

I am pulling a query (the one I am speaking about) that takes 1 query that pulls from 2 databases for more information than this query will take, (1st_Query),
I am adding another query from another database and taking some of that information.

The code runs and produces a table in Access, I then save the change. Wen try to export to Excel 2016 and either say to format or not. It will end in this error and the about 13 rows of a potential 27,000 with NAME??. I try to add the database and I get the error above.

Upvote 0
Hi, the SQL you posted has no FROM clause. It doesn't appear to be valid SQL.

Upvote 0
Ahhh,

So FROM should limit the rows chosen to add in the query?

Sorry, I am new to coding in Access. I usually work in Excel

Can you give me, at least an example of what a FROM statement should be structured?

Upvote 0
No, the FROM clause tells the query where the data is coming from (Tables or Queries).
You cannot "SELECT" something from nothing. Every query MUST have a FROM clause.
The WHERE clause is where you would place any criteria/filters.

Have a look at this here: https://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_select.asp
If you click clicking Next a the bottom of the page, it will come to other things, like the WHERE clause.

Upvote 0
Thank you!

That makes sense.
I will work on that.
Are these 2 elements required to be on 2 separate lines? How are they suppose to end (.,;)?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Et_Cetera

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back