Access 2010 - ? - How do I reduce page width in Report, without alternate page blank, pls?

PurrSent

Board Regular
Windows 10 v20H2 (19042.1348)
Access 2010

I've created a very basic Db, in Access 2010, but it's been a long time since I studied Db, so I've forgotten so much of what I learnt back then. I've created a query, without prblem and now have created a Report. BUT, I've got stuck, a bit, and would very much value some help, please

Database is a list of books that a couple of friends and I have got in our homes. Fields include ID, Title, Author, Image of book front, who has the book, ISBN, Genre, Date loaned, Date Returned. Between us, we thought it would help to know what books we each had and were available to borrow. Other friends may/may not (LOL) also be included as this develops

Problem is that, with only 5 fields, including image, are to be in this particular report (for circulation between the few of us) so I have jsut ID, Title, Author and Image and Owner. In Layout View, it can be clearly seen that the report is over 2 pages, although the fields are all on the one page. I can't seem to get the page to be narrower, ie to fit A4, Portrait, only printing on one page, instead of wanting to print an alternate 'blank' page . In fact, the 'blank' page has coloured bands, presumably to help read the rows, which extend to the next page.

Please can someone help me get rid of whatever is preventing me to have the whole width of the report on one page. Images below (hopefully)
Many thanks

[Edit - 7.42pm UK] Just to clarify, in Design view, I have brought the Right hand side border over significantly, to where you see it in image. It just won't come over to the left any further. Thanks

Attachments

• Design View.JPG
    Design View.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 19
  • Layout View.JPG
    Layout View.JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 18

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
You have a page counter textbox way over to the right. Move it and anything else that might be way over there to the left, then drag the right edge of the report over to the left as much as you need.

Upvote 0
Solution
Brilliant!!! Thank you very much. I did see the text there but, until you mentioned it, I hadn't appreciated it was a text box. Now I can understand why I couldn't get the page beyond that point, in spite of having it set for A4 Portrait.

Thank you so much for spotting that for me. I've got it sorted now and am very pleased. Will be working on it some more and probably having to check on Google to discover how to do whatever. I may need to come back here, of course, if I can't find the solution I'm wanting at the time

So, again, thank you very much. (y)

Upvote 0
You're welcome. It's nice when the answer is so easy!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joaquim_Baptista

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back