Access 2010 not responding

amtrad

Hi Guys

I'm new to Access 2010 and would appreciate some basic help. I work with Excel quite a bit and had a basic stock comparision model which is struggling in Excel so I have imported this to Access to try to see if I could figure out a quicker and more efficient way to perform the comparison and also learn Access at the same time.

I have imported 2 tables into Access from Excel 2010 - one table is 136,000 rows and the other 16,000 rows. I was planning to try the queries and play to see what I could learn but every time i switch from one table to the other I get the '..not responding' line at the top.

It also says (Access 2007) at the top which I don't understand. I have googled and microsoft have a workround that tells of problems of this type due to compatibility issues with HP protect tools biometric - I work on a HP desktop with HP protect tools but no biometric software enabled. I tried running as administrator as they suggest but no difference.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Amtrad

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.
It also says (Access 2007) at the top which I don't understand.
The file format is Access 2007 which is what 2010 uses as well. So that is why it says that.

I have googled and microsoft have a workround that tells of problems of this type due to compatibility issues with HP protect tools biometric - I work on a HP desktop with HP protect tools but no biometric software enabled. I tried running as administrator as they suggest but no difference.
I'm not sure about this but I wonder if you need to uninstall the HP Protect Tools and not just have the biometrics disabled.

Also, are you working on this file directly on your computer or from a network location?

Upvote 0
Hi Bob

Thanks for the reply.

I'm working on a standalone HP pc.

Regarding disabling HP Protect tools I can try to do this - does this mean that Access 2010 doesn't work on any HP's with protecttools? Pretty common I would have thought.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back