Access 2013 Copy & Paste from one form to another

arocha118

Hello,

I'm looking to copy particular information from one form and paste it into another form in access 2013. Does anyone know of an easy way to accomplish this?

I'm a novice when it comes to access, I just use the basic functions.

Thank you in advance.

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
What exactly do you mean by copying from one form into another?
Do you mean the actual structure of the form, or the actual date values?

If just the structure of the form (i.e. you are trying to create a new form similar to an existing one), just right-click on the particular Form, select Copy, then right-click again and select Paste, and give your Form a new name.
Now that you have a new copy of it, you can make whatever changes that you like.

Upvote 0
I am trying to copy some of the values from one form into another form.
For what purpose?

Is this Form bound to a Table or Query?

Is this something that needs to happen often?
If so, it might make sense to code some VBA code to do it. But we need to have a better understanding of the situation in which this would need to happen, and what exactly needs to be copied over (from where to where).
So, explain it in as much detail as you can.

Upvote 0
This will be done relatively often. What I need to is be able to copy the Account Name, Direct or Assumed, Underwriter, Submission Number, Minor Line, Occupancy, Lead or Follow, Broker Name, Broker Contact, Working Branch, Credited Branch and Division from this form to the next form. (form2)
(Form1)

These forms are not open at the same time.

Upvote 0
It sounds like you may have a design issue. In a well-designed, normalized database, you should not have a lot of repeating data, especially if you have "groups" of repeating data that is often the same. You should break out the data into multiple table that make sense.

For example, let's say that you have a group of employee information, i.e. First Name, Last Name, Address, Phone Number, Age.
Instead of having this data repeat many times, you would have an employee table, when this information is entered once.
Then, you just link this table to other tables, queries, etc.

On Forms, you may have a lookup to the employee table, where when you select an employee, it brings up all this information (though it does not really add it or store it in any new table records).
Does that sound like something like what might be going on?

Also, I am not sure what you mean by "These forms are not open at the same time". Forms, per se, don't "hold" any data. They just display data that resides in tables/queries, or are used to enter data into a table.
An unopened Form would not hold any data.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harryls

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back