Access Annoyance: ComboBox Ordeal

squeakums

Okay, I create a combo box in my form, to work with a query below. It is supposed to search for two columns in the query. It works at first. Then, I change the combo box to sort ascending and then it goes bonkers.. When I click on a name/area (my two fields) it will find the name but a difference area not associated with the selection?? What the heck? Access you are so random and annoying.

I recreate the combo box, use it for awhile, It works, I change nothing.. and then all of a sudden, it doesn't as well? Help please. I have refreshed all and I have compact and repaired the database.. so far.. its an ongoing issue. It hates me.

xenou

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
Best in this case would be to find a nearby Access expert to help you. The problem itself can't be resolved without more information - what is the combobox source? How is it linked? What happens on when you click the combobox.

squeakums

Unfortunately, there are no Access DB sources in my area, otherwise, I would definitely reach out. This is the only source besides Google that I have. The combo box is linked to a table I loaded, in the table, I even CTRL and marked any keys that can link. Should I only make 1 item a primary key? If I click in the combo box, my name and my area show, but when selected the query below either goes to some other person or area, or same person different area than selected. Unfortunately the data is secure so I cannot share it on here. I have played around with this thing so much, I setup the combo box by using the tool and it appears to work at first but then it doesn't. It makes no sense to me?

xenou

MrExcel MVP, Moderator
All tables should have primary keys. So if you are using data without a primary key ... well, basically there is no guarantee of correct queries anymore.

stumac

Can you share a copy with no data or mock/test data?

Your description of what you are trying to achieve is unclear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newexcel12

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• Problem with Radio Button's format control
    I am creating an employee evaluation template (a sample is below) Column A is the category Column B, C D, E and F will be ratings (unacceptable...
  • Last Display on userform to a Listbox
    [CODE=vba] lstdisplay.ColumnCount = 15 lstdisplay.RowSource = "A1:O600000" [/CODE] So when i do this it Displays everything on the sheet i am...
  • Rename and move files to a new location
    Dear all, I have an excel file with the following information. The actual file name is at column A but i want to rename it using the following...
  • Help with True/False Formula
    Hello! Am stumped how to fix this formula, in which my result returns 'True', but it should return False. =IF(AG2=True...
  • Clear extra characters from a provided range of cells
    Dear All, I have following code which gives me desired output to remove extra characters from a provided range. But it takes too much time when...
  • Help with Current and highest streaks
    Hi there, I've just joined the forum and this is my first post. I've already spent quite a bit of time searching the net and this forum for a...