Access Password Issues

lr1234

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm trying to change the password to my Access Database and every time I try to set my new password it errors on "Not a Valid Password". The only difference from my old password is a change in one number. There are no special characters.

1618408737507.png

Excel Facts

Save Often
If you start asking yourself if now is a good time to save your Excel workbook, the answer is Yes
Seems straight forward. Whatever you're typing in isn't correct. Could be
- you had caps lock on and it's case sensitive
- you're not opening the same db as the one that needs the new password (it may be a copy from another folder)
- you're not typing in what you think you are or you've forgotten the new password
If the password dialog is a custom one, you might be able to get around it. If it's a password you put on the database using the Access tool, you've got a real problem.

Upvote 0
I'm able to open the DB just fine with the old password but when I try to create a new password I get the error. I even get the error if I try to set the new password as my old password.

Upvote 0
Sorry, thought you were trying to get in. It seems you are in but you are trying to change the password and you are sure no special characters are being typed for the new password. In that case I'm afraid all I can do is offer links that I suppose you could find yourself. Perhaps it is related to a recent update you've made. See if this helps and note the comment about the legacy setting.

Upvote 0
Thank you! Its such an odd problem. It wont even take "ABC" as the new password. Ill check out the link you provided. If that doesn't work I'm just going to create a new database and move my tables, queries, etc to the new table.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
Have you tried removing the password, saving, reopening and adding a password anew?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyangel23

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back