abdullahsikandar

Board Regular
Hi,

I need a favor from you guys, I already made a button in Access, I need to import the files from excel through that button on Macro, whenever we click the button it have to be import the excel files in database by matching the two columns.

here is the example

Database:

Col A Col B Col C

A B
CC DD
EW FA
MK SD

Excel Sheet

Col A Col B Col C

A B AA
CC DD AA
EW FA AA
MK SD AA

So when we are importing the file at that point if we found "A" in COL A and "B" in COL B so paste all the data in COL C. Same thing gonna be happen in all the fields

After importing an Excel files it will check for the column to match and import the data. The result will be like this:

Database:

Col A Col B Col C

A B AA
CC DD AA
EW FA AA
MK SD AA

Kindly help me in this query.

Thanks in Advance

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
I'm not sure how your database is set up and what your import does but I'm interpreting that below is what you want.

1) Your button imports data from excel(maybe it's a specific sheet, maybe multiple) into a say Table A.

Did you already put code into your button? I'm assuming you used the DocMD.TransferSpreadsheet methodology?

2) You already have Table B in Access

3) Create a join on both those fields in Table A and Table B then do an update query on Table B where both those fields match by setting Col C in Table B to whatever Col C is in Table A
Code:
UPDATE TableA INNER  JOIN TableB ON (TableA.ColB = TableB.ColB) AND (TableA.ColA =  TableB.ColA) SET TableB.ColC = [TableA].[ColC];

Also is it possible to have multiple records in Col A and Col B in Excel sheet equal to each other? Say (ColA, ColB) A B with a value of 7 and A B with a value of 10.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure how your database is set up and what your import does but I'm interpreting that below is what you want.

1) Your button imports data from excel(maybe it's a specific sheet, maybe multiple) into a say Table A.

Did you already put code into your button? I'm assuming you used the DocMD.TransferSpreadsheet methodology?

2) You already have Table B in Access

3) Create a join on both those fields in Table A and Table B then do an update query on Table B where both those fields match by setting Col C in Table B to whatever Col C is in Table A
Code:
UPDATE TableA INNER  JOIN TableB ON (TableA.ColB = TableB.ColB) AND (TableA.ColA =  TableB.ColA) SET TableB.ColC = [TableA].[ColC];

Also is it possible to have multiple records in Col A and Col B in Excel sheet equal to each other? Say (ColA, ColB) A B with a value of 7 and A B with a value of 10.

Yea, Thanks for your reply:D i got it thank you so much :D

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ak94

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back