Access Split Database Issue

Mac1206

Board Regular
I have a Front_DB_A with a table called RS and another Front_DB_B with a table called RS_Hist, both are split databases and have tables linked to the Front_DB_A database. My dilemma until we can move it to SQL Server which we are waiting on is that I have a run a query that will combine both tables in a MKTbl_AB which puts me at 5,464.319 rows of data and over the 2g capacity mark...

Is there any work around this issue until we can get the tables into Sql Server which probably is going to be a few weeks until they can get to it...Like instead of the TblTempAB, create a recordset of the combine data in a form view and run the queries against that? You assistance is greatly appreciated...Thanks

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
The details are a bit confusing. If I ignore the word Front and suppose these are back ends (because they have tables RS and RS_Hist) and they are split. But they have tables linked to Front_DB_A ??

Regardless, it may not be pertinent. That is 5 million records and not 5 thousand and some fraction, yes? If the records are in 2 separate back end files and each file is well under 2Gb and front ends are linked to them, then I don't understand the problem. Surely you are not trying to load 5 million records into a query, form, recordset or report all at once, or creating temp tables (TblTempAB)?

Upvote 0
Why do you need to put the two tables into a single temp table? Can't you work with two tables?

For instance:

Code:
select * from Table1 where Product = "ABC"
union all
select * from Table2 where Product = "ABC"

presumable that would be equivalent to

Code:
select * from
(
select * from Table1
union all
select * from Table2
) X
where X.Product = "ABC"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iparraguirre89

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back