Access TransferSpreadsheet acExport not working consistently

Peter_W

Hello,

I am using Access VBA TransferSpreadsheet acExport to export multiple queries to new spreadsheets and different sheets within those files. Generally, its been working really well.

However, one of the queries, repeats the same query results, over and over, when each query recordset is unique. It is the qryCostData2, per below.

My hunch is that varying numbers of rows in the different queries are the problem. So, will a query with 20 rows of data, have a problem, when the previous range is only 15 rows? Are the ranges getting mixed up somehow? I've tried numerous attempts with different code and still have one query which repeats itself over and over, within the Excel exports. The VBA is looping through many multiple query recordsets.

Would anyone have idea what's wrong? Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Sub ExportToExcel_Loop()

'This exports Access data to the Excel target file:

Dim strFilename As String

strFilename = "C:\TestTargetFile.xlsx"

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "qryCostData2", strFilename, True, "CostRange"

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "qryProjMetadata1", strFilename
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "qryProjMetadata2", strFilename
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "qryProjMetadata3", strFilename
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "qryProjMetadata4", strFilename
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "qryProjMetadata5", strFilename
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "qryProjMetadata6", strFilename

Call cpyFile_loop

End Sub

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
I believe this is for importing, not exporting:
VBA Code:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel12, "qryCostData2", strFilename, True, "CostRange"

meaning, when I look at the docs for the transferspreadsheet action it states that if you use the last parameter (where you are supplying the value "CostRange") then the export will fail. But it doesn't fail, it sort of fails. So I guess either way I wouldn't trust it or use it.

Upvote 0
if the 1st transfer is 50 recs,
then the 2nd transfer to the same sheet is 20 recs, you will get 20 NEW recs, but the other 30 will remain. It does not erase records.
so either:
1. delete the target file and the transfer will be a new file
or
2. transfer to a different sheet in the existing file....strFilename, True, "SHEET n"

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtsheetz

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back