Accessing Websites from Excel

leftyb

I frequently copy a list of links from a website into an Excel worksheet. This allows me to access the website from Excel and then delete those links in which I have no interest, eliminating the need to browse through a long list of links. I prefer Netscape as my browser but accessing a website from Excel always calls IE. Is there any way to change the browser call from IE to Netscape?
Netscape is set as my default browser but this appears to make no difference to Excel.

Thanks for any suggestions:
leftyb

Excel Facts

Excel Wisdom
Using a mouse in Excel is the work equivalent of wearing a lanyard when you first get to college
Welcome,
Unfortunately Netscape is not available on my machine.
But try this. (I'm not sure it works.)

EDIT the hyper link then replace the address something like this.

javascript:window.open('http://www.mrexcel.com/');void(0)

Upvote 0
Colo: Thank you for your response. I was mistaken as to my default browser. When I went back and set Netscape as my default it was accessed when I clicked on a link in Excel. Just got careless. I have more questions but I want to check thoroughly before posting them.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
Well, here I go again. I am using two computers, one with windows 98 and another with windows 98SE. The 98 pc will access Netscape from Excel but the 98SE pc will not. In addition, some links copied into the 98SE will work with IE but not on the 98PC and invalid address comes up I when click on the link. However, links copied from other web pages seem to work but use IE.

I am not sure which versions of Excel are on each PC and cannot figure out how to find out. (duh)
leftyb

Upvote 0
So far, I don't have an answer for you. Sorry.

I am not sure which versions of Excel are on each PC and cannot figure out how to find out. (duh)
leftyb
You can get the version of Excel from Help menu.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ajax40

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back