Accounting Excel sheet questions

thenior

This is going to take a while to work on. I'm pretty new to VB, but I thought this would be a fun personal project to learn excel better, and it will help me budget :)

I need to distribute the funds put into Amount Added (see below screenshot) to several other funds. Each fund needs to expect a certain amount of cash each month, and every time funds are put in, the amount still needed needs to appear below the current total of the account in red.

Distribution to each account could simply be a percentage. I'll see if I can write it in psuedo code.
Code:
Funds required:
 Insurance($50/month)
 Gas($80/month)
 Saving($100/month)
 Spend($50/month)

If AmountAdded(d4) != monthly requirement for each fund[INDENT]    then add 35% to Insurance(F4), 35% to Gas(H4), 20% to Saving(X4), and 10% to       Spend(V4) //Make sure to add to bottom of column that the fund is in.
[/INDENT][INDENT]   Display AmountRequired to meet monthly requirement in red beneath the amount added to the account

[/INDENT]If AmountAdded(d4) = monthly requirement for each fund[INDENT]Then add 50 to Insurance(F4), 80 to Gas(H4), 100 to Saving(X4), and 50 to       Spend(V4)
[/INDENT]Display current total of fund at bottom of column, (0, 1) from the last modification.

If (0, -1) from last modified cell is modified, move current total down again // that way I can add or subtract from the account. When I make //modifications, they should appear in blue.

If Gas and Insurance != AmountRequired at end of the month[INDENT]Then Check Spend fund, subtract all available funds to equal AmountRequired

If Spend Fund < AmountRequired
Then subtract left over AmountRequired from Saving Fund

[/INDENT]Display Current month Once in Column A, in line with the rows as modifications are made (add new month as modifications are made in a new month).
It would end up looking like this screenshot:

problem22.jpg

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moonlight6

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back