Accumulate Week/Month/Qtr. todate

syed_mushraf

Dear All,
I have a worksheet containg 8 cols. By the header name as following:-

Week Monthtodate Qtr.todat Yertodt
Pln|Act Pln|Act Pln|Act Pln|Act
10 | 5 40 |30 60|50 110|85

Currently I enter data on the week basis in week col. And add data every week in the week col by pressing F2. At the end of four/five weeks I copy>paste data in the month-to-date Col. and clears the week col for fresh entry.

Similarly after completing three months I copy>paste month figures in Qtr-to-date col and clears the month col for fresh entry.

To get Year-to-date figures I simply add (Week+Month+Qtr.). But this excersice is time consuming and have a big error chance.

Can you plz help me how can I do this thing through macro and how could I control error chance If I run macro twice because it can be the cause of doulbled figures.

I am learning much through this website but due to the low knowledge about VB coding it is more difficult me to do this thing. Plz help.

Thanks and regards,
Musharraf

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
Thankx for prompt reply,

But Andrew its not my required result. I have to put figures in col wise and want to get result in that form.

Is it possible that when I run macro it should accumulate week figures into month, but before accumlating it this should be control through a pre-defined table in which weeks range for a month should be given.

As four/five weeks completed it should be automaticaly accumalted into month.

Similarly after completing 3 months it should be automatically acmulated into Qtr. (Months range can also be controled throgh a pre-defined table.)

Plz help.

Rgds,
Musharraf

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CantExcel123

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back